COVID-19 Safety Information for Chan Centre Patrons
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chan Centre! The health and safety of our staff and all visitors is of the utmost importance to us. We have implemented a number of new protocols as we begin to slowly and safely re-open our facility. Please read the following information carefully.
For your safety, the Chan Centre has implemented the following changes:
- Significant reduction in venue capacity
- Increased cleaning measures
- Temporary suspension of intermissions and concession/bar sales
- Traffic flow and patron seating organized to promote physical distancing
- New safe visiting procedures for patrons (please read below)
Chan Centre staff will be onsite to welcome you, and we ask that you kindly follow their direction and guidance at all times.
Thank you for your assistance in making these events safe and enjoyable for everyone!
Safe Visiting Procedures
Prior to your arrival
- All persons visiting the UBC campus must be able to answer “no” to all three of the following questions:
- Have you, or members of your household, experienced any flu-like or cold symptoms within the last 14 days? (Click here for the BC CDC symptom list)
- Have you, or members of your household, had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or is awaiting COVID-19 test results within the last 14 days?
- Have you, or members of your household, travelled internationally within the last 14 days, including to the USA?
- The Chan Centre strongly recommends that people with underlying medical conditions and people who are immunocompromised not attend events at this time.
The Rose Garden Parkade is the closest parking to the Chan Centre. We recommend downloading the HonkMobile app in advance for touchless payment processing.
If you are unable to pay using the app, payment machines can be found on levels 3 and 5 of the parkade. These machines accept credit card or coins only (no bills).
Please respect physical distancing and stay in your car until you can maintain 2m distance from other patrons in the parkade.
Arriving at the Chan Centre
Please arrive in the plaza outside the front doors 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
If you have your ticket printed or available on your mobile phone, there will be signage directing you to line up for a touchless scanning station.
If you need to purchase or pick up a ticket, there will be signage directing you to where you can be assisted by our box office staff. We are currently only accepting credit or debit payments (no cash).
Please maintain 2m distance from others at all times.
The lobby and house will open 15 minutes prior to the start of the event.
Inside the Chan Centre
Please follow the posted directional signage and floor markings, and maintain 2m distance from others at all times.
Proceed to your seat right away to avoid lobby congestion, and sit in your assigned seat only.
At this time there will be no intermissions or concession/bar sales. Patrons are welcome to bring non-glassware bottles from home containing water only.
Please respect posted capacity limits for washrooms and elevators.
Remember to practice good hand hygiene and wash your hands for a minimum of 30 seconds in hot soapy water. In addition to sinks available in the Chan Centre washrooms, there will be hand sanitizer stations set up throughout the venue.
Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and wash or sanitize your hands afterwards.
Wearing a mask is a personal choice. While not required, guests are welcome and encouraged to wear one. Please note that the Chan Centre does not provide masks.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Please note that these safety measures will be reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis to align with guidelines provided by the province of British Columbia and the University of British Columbia.