Directions & Parking
Chan Centre of the Performing Arts
From downtown Vancouver, proceed west on West 4th Avenue, which becomes Chancellor Blvd and then merges with NW Marine Drive. Continue west on NW Marine Drive, to the Rose Garden Parkade (on your left). The Chan Centre is visible above, on your left.
From the airport, proceed to SW Marine Drive. Stay on SW Marine Drive, which eventually merges with NW Marine Drive. Continue just past the Museum of Anthropology (on your left) to the Rose Garden Parkade (on your right). The Chan Centre is visible above, on your right.
Barnett Hall and Old Auditorium
Barnett Hall is located in the UBC Music Building. The Old Auditorium is located across the plaza (where the tuning fork is) from the UBC Music Building.
From downtown Vancouver, proceed west on West 4th Avenue, which becomes Chancellor Blvd and then merges with NW Marine Drive. Continue west on NW Marine Drive past the Rose Garden Parkade until you reach the Museum of Anthropology, turn left on to West Mall. Continue until Memorial Road, turn right on Memorial Road. Fraser Parkade will be on your left.
From the airport, proceed to SW Marine Drive. Stay on SW Marine Drive, which eventually merges with NW Marine Drive. At the Museum of Anthropology (on your left), turn right on to West Mall. Continue until Memorial Road, turn left on Memorial Road. Fraser Parkade will be on your left.
Chan Centre, Barnett Hall and Old Auditorium
The Rose Garden Parkade and Fraser River Parkade (and other adjacent lots) are controlled by UBC Parking.
- The Rose Garden Parkade has the quickest and easiest access to the Chan Centre. Payment machines are located on level 3 and 5 of the parkade, and do not accept bills. Credit card or coins only. Please select #1 on evenings and weekends at the meter.
- The Fraser River Parkade has the quickest and easiest access to Barnett Hall and Old Auditorium, and does not accept bills. Credit card or coins only, please.
- UBC Parking utilizes HonkMobile for payment processing. If you would like to pay using the app you will need to create and account and download the HonkMobile app (available for both iOS and Android) in order to pay for parking at the Rose Garden Parkade and other lots throughout UBC.
- There are 3 ways to pay for parking in the Rose Garden Parkade and Fraser River Parkade:
- Using an onsite payment machine with credit card
- Using an onsite payment machine with coins (bills not accepted)
- Using the HonkMobile app on your smart phone.
- Audience members are encouraged to arrive as soon as possible to ensure ample time for parking prior to the start of an event. Information about alternative parking lots on campus: www.parking.ubc.ca
- For the Rose Garden Parkade, it will be easier to find parking on levels 1 and 2, as levels 4 and 5 tend to fill up first. Parking close to the Northeast elevator will also get you closer to the Chan Centre. If you have a permit for accessible parking, there are accessible spaces on Level 5.
Alternative parking locations are available such as the North Parkade at 6115 Student Union Mall (near the Student Union Building). Surface lots are also located in front of the Graduate Student Union Building/Sage Bistro, next to the School of Music (Barnett Hall), and adjacent to the Museum of Anthropology. Rates and availability for these lots may vary.
TransLink offers many routes to UBC, including several express services (44, 84, 99) and the Route 68 Community Shuttle. The shuttle stops beside the Chan Centre on NW Marine Drive, and on West Mall a block before Memorial Road, and run approximately every 20 minutes. You can also walk to the Chan Centre from the main UBC bus loop in approximately 8 minutes. To Barnett Hall and Old Auditorium, it takes approximately 10 minutes to walk from the main UBC bus loop. Please visit www.translink.bc.ca for more information.
Please note that taxi service at UBC can be sparse especially on Friday and Saturday evenings. Arranging a ride in advance is highly recommended.
If you are planning to bike to the UBC campus, you can check out this City of Vancouver bike map to help determine what route is best for you.
There are numerous bike racks all across the UBC campus. The closest bike rack to the Chan Centre is located on Crescent Road in between East Mall and the flagpole plaza, at the top of the stairs leading down to the Chan Centre’s main entrance. There is a bike rack outside of the Music Building which is where Barnett Hall is located. The Old Auditorium is across the plaza from Barnett Hall.