Directions & Parking
From downtown Vancouver, proceed west on West 4th Avenue, which becomes Chancellor Blvd and then merges with NW Marine Drive. Continue west on NW Marine Drive, to the Rose Garden Parkade (on your left). The Chan Centre is visible above, on your left.
From the airport, proceed to SW Marine Drive. Stay on SW Marine Drive, which eventually merges with NW Marine Drive. Continue just past the Museum of Anthropology (on your left) to the Rose Garden Parkade (on your right). The Chan Centre is visible above, on your right.
Parking at the Chan Centre
Parking at the Chan Centre (in the Rose Garden Parkade and other adjacent lots) is controlled by UBC Parking.
- The Rose Garden Parkade is has quickest and easiest access to the Chan Centre. Payment machines are located on level 3 and 5 of the parkade, and do not accept bills. Credit card or coins only, please.
- UBC Parking utilizes HonkMobile for payment processing. If you would like to pay using the app you will need to create and account and download the HonkMobile app (available for both iOS and Android) in order to pay for parking at the Rose Garden Parkade and other lots throughout UBC.
- There are 3 ways to pay for parking in the Rose Garden Parkade:
- Using an onsite payment machine with credit card
- Using an onsite payment machine with coins (bills not accepted)
- Using the HonkMobile app on your smart phone.
- Audience members are encouraged to arrive as soon as possible to ensure ample time for parking prior to the start of an event. Information about alternative parking lots on campus: www.parking.ubc.ca
- It will be easier to find parking on levels 1 and 2, as levels 4 and 5 tend to fill up first. Parking close to the Northeast elevator will also get you closer to the Chan Centre.
If you have a permit for accessible parking, there are accessible spaces on Level 5.
Alternative parking locations are available. Some options include the North Parkade at 6115 Student Union Mall (near the Student Union Building) or the Fraser River Parkade at 1913 West Mall (near the UBC School of Music and the Asian Centre). Surface lots are also located in front of the Graduate Student Union Building/Sage Bistro, next to the School of Music, and adjacent to the Museum of Anthropology. Rates for these lots may vary.
TransLink offers many routes to UBC, including several express services (44, 84, 99) and the C18 and C20 Community Shuttles. Both shuttles stop beside the Chan Centre on NW Marine Drive and run approximately every 30 minutes. You can also walk to the Chan Centre from the main UBC bus loop in approximately 8 minutes. Please visit www.translink.bc.ca for more information.
Please note that taxi service at UBC can be sparse especially on Friday and Saturday evenings. Arranging a ride in advance is highly recommended.
If you are planning to bike to the UBC campus, you can check out this City of Vancouver bike map to help determine what route is best for you.
There are numerous bike racks all across the UBC campus. The closest bike rack to the Chan Centre is located on Crescent Road in between East Mall and the flagpole plaza, at the top of the stairs leading down to the Chan Centre’s main entrance.